Free School Meals
All schools receive additional funding known as pupil premium for pupils whose families receive certain benefits.
FREE SCHOOL MEAL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
• Universal Credit with an earnings threshold that does not exceed £7,400 as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods
• Income Support
• Income – based Jobseekers Allowance
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190
• The guarantee element of Pension Credit
• Where a parent is entitled to Working Tax Credit run-on (the payment someone receives for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit).
• Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
If you think you qualify for Free School Meals please contact the school office or alternatively print and complete and return the form below.
School Meals are currently priced at £2.05 per day. Payment should be made each Monday and can either be paid via our online payment system ‘Parentpay’ or it can be sent in a named envelope. Payment can be made by cash or cheque (made payable to Durham County Council).
You can view or download the Free School Meals Application Form by clicking the link below:
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.