The following are the main contacts for Special Educational Needs and Disability at St. Stephen’s CE Primary School:
Mrs Alison Richardson is the Head Teacher
Mrs Dorothy Middleton is our designated SEN Governor
Mrs Judith Bulmer is our designated Special Educational Needs Coordinator.
It is the SENCO’s job to:
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the school’s SEN policy
- Liaise with the relevant Designated Teacher where a looked after pupil has SEN
- Advise teachers on using a graduated approach to providing SEN support
- Advise on the deployment of the school’s delegated budget and other resources to meet the pupil’s needs effectively
- Liaise with parents/carers of pupils with SEN
- Liaise with and be a key point of contact for external agencies
- Ensure that the school keeps the records of all SEN pupils up to date
- Work with the head teacher and school governors to ensure that the school meets its responsibilities with regard to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements by phoning the school on 01388 746426 or sending an email to: email@example.com.
Staffing and Specialist Qualifications/Expertise
Judith Bulmer is SENCo at St Stephen’s CE Primary School and has been awarded the NASC qualification. Mrs Bulmer regularly attends networking and training opportunities as arranged by Durham Local Authority. Our Special Needs Support Assistant, Miss Moore, has completed specialist training for delivering Motor Skills Programmes in school and several Teaching Assistants have received specialist training from Speech and Language therapists to support the delivery of Speech and Language Programmes. Mrs Suddes has recently completed RELAX KIDS and all staff have received training in Sensory/Motor training.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.