At St. Stephen’s CE Primary School we consult with a wide range of agencies and partnerships to ensure the pastoral, medical and social needs of SEND children are met.
The school offers a wide variety of pastoral support for pupils. These include:
- Members of staff such as Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Parental Support Advisor (PSA), and SENCo, are readily available for pupils who wish to discuss issues and concerns. The Deputy Headteacher and all Class Teachers have regular check-in sessions for vulnerable pupils.
- After School and Breakfast Clubs are available to promote Social Skills and general well-being for pupils.
- Playground Buddies are on hand to offer support to pupils at break times.
- If a pupil has a medical need, then a detailed Care Plan is compiled in consultation with parents/carers and with support from the appropriate health care professional. These are discussed with all staff who are involved with the pupil.
- Where necessary, and in agreement with parents/carers, medicines are administered in school but only where a signed Medication consent form is in place to ensure the safety of both child and staff member.
- Staff receive training in the administration of medication.
- Sufficient numbers of staff with full and basic first aid training are always on site.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.