SENCO and SEN Staff
Our SENCO is Mrs Linda Edwards. She can be contacted on 01388 746426.
More details of the SENCO’s role can be found in the SEN Policy which you can find in the School Policies section of our website.
External Specialists and Other Bodies
The school enjoys good working relationships with a wide range of people who provide services to children with SEND and their families.
The external specialists may:
- Act in an advisory capacity
- Extend expertise of school staff
- Provide additional assessment
- Support a child directly
- Suggest statutory assessment is advisable
- Consult with all parties involved with the child
- Durham County Council Local Offer
- Durham SEND Information, Advice and Support Service
- Educational Psychology
- Cognition and Learning Team
- Autism and Social Communication Team
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Early Years Support Team
- Emotional Wellbeing and Effective Learning Team/ Emotional Wellbeing Nurse
- School Nursing
- Pediatricians and specialist nurses
- Parents Support Groups, e.g. ‘Rollercoaster’
How We Secure Specialist Expertise
Our Additional Needs Budget is used to support children and young people with SEN.
This is used to support children and young people with SEND by:
- Providing training for school staff
- Providing support for children through staff deployment
- Purchasing resources
- Securing assessments from traded services
Funding is used to meet the needs of individual pupils.
If a child has complex special educational needs, we could also receive additional funding from the Local Authority to meet the agreed outcomes.